Thank you to everyone who participated in the first annual DriveElectricTN Momentum Summit!
Our goal for the summit was to bring together passionate stakeholders who want to see Tennessee reach our initiative’s goal of 200,000 electric vehicles on the road by 2028. This year’s Momentum Summit was a fantastic opportunity for those interested in EVs as well as seeing the market grow in our state to learn, collaborate, and provide input to DET about the direction of the organization.
On behalf of our event planning team, we hope that you all enjoyed the DET Momentum Summit as an interactive workshop with a hint of conference. We wished for meaningful connections to be made among all of you and that you were able to learn more about the EV environment in Tennessee as well as contribute to the larger conversation about EV centric projects for the DET initiative.
Want to stay up-to-date on the next Momentum Summit? Sign-up for our bi-weekly newsletter for the latest DET news and events!
2022 DET Momentum Summit Presentations
Special Morning Sessions
- The Drive Electric Initiative: Rooted in Tennessee | Derek Jones, Guidehouse
- Meet the DriveElectricTN Executive Committee
Better Batteries: A Chance at Deploying Second Life the Right Way
- Batteries and Second Life | Rob Ferber, Xos
- Battery Storage | Steve Noe, Seven States Power Corporation
- Recovery of Lithium from Brines, Clay Minerals and Recycled Lithium Ion Batteries | Dr. Paranas Parathaman, Oak Ridge National Laboratory
Electrifying Rural Communities and the Next Steps Needed for Action
- Dr. Pingen Chen, Tennessee Tech University
- Charging Hubs & Sustainable Development | Bryan Hill, Community Development Partners
- Bridging the Communication Gap in Rural America | Silas Stoddart, Upper Cumberland Development District
Funding for EV Adoption: TEVI & Others
- Dealer Community Charging Program | Jared Jensen, GM
- Tennessee’s EV Infrastructure Plan Update | Matt Meservy, Tennessee Department of Transportation
- TDOT/BIL New Programs updates –CMAQ, Carbon Reduction, PROTECT | Andrea Noel, Tennessee Department of Transportation
- Volkswagen Diesel Settlement TN Grantees | Alexa Voytek, Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation
Call for Curriculum: Educating an Emerging Workforce
- Electric Vehicle Training | Dr. Rebecca Ashford, Chattanooga State Community College
- Dr. Kevin Heaslip, University of Tennessee Center for Transportation and Research
- Why Electric Vehicles | Dr. Michael Torrence, Motlow State Community College
EVs for All: Electrifying Mobility Equitably
- Infrastructure Opportunities | Consuelo Capshaw, Blink
- Stan Johnson, SEEED
- Kent Minault, Sierra Club of Tennessee
EVs as Decarbonizing Tools in TN - Gasoline & Diesel Comparisons
- EVs as Decarbonizing Tools | Jonathan Overly, East Tennessee Clean Fuels
LPCs in TN: Developing Tactical EVSE Incentive Programs
- EPB EV Products | Elizabeth Hammitt, Electric Power Board of Chattanooga
- KUB Electric Vehicle Efforts | Chasity Hobby, Knoxville Utilities Board
- MTE EV Strategy | Philip Lim, Middle Tennessee Electric
All images provided by Amy Burgess, 2022.