Drive Electric Tennessee is currently accepting resumes and cover letters from people interested in serving as a DriveElectricTN Coordinator Assistant/Intern in 2023.
Those interested in applying should email DET Coordinator Savannah Robertson with your resume and cover letter. Email email@example.com for more information or with your application materials.
The DET Assistant/Intern position is part-time for approximately 15-20 hours per week (about 900 hours per year) starting at $18/hour.
NOTE: Any University of Tennessee Knoxville Department of Geography & Sustainability students have the opportunity to use this as an internship credit.
Review the application details below before applying.
Drive Electric Tennessee (DriveElectricTN, DET) is a state-wide initiative and consortium of organizations, ideas, stakeholders, and innovation, with a passion to connect people to each other as we maneuver about this electric vehicle world. We recognize the urgency of the challenges that face our communities, and our duty to bring projects, initiatives, and funding opportunities best suited for establishing a promising future for electric vehicles in Tennessee. But it gets better.. DET is just a program that the East Tennessee Clean Fuels Coalition (ETCleanFuels, ETCF) serves as primary administrators.
East Tennessee Clean Fuels’ (ETCleanFuels) mission is to increase the use of cleaner American fuels and vehicles and energy-saving transportation technologies to improve air quality and health, curb dependence on imported petroleum and support Tennessee’s economy. More specifically, we work to implement alt fuel projects in East Tennessee, and work to make ETCleanFuels a sustainable coalition of involved participants from across East Tennessee.
DriveElectricTN was founded on strategic partnership amongst some of the largest leaders in the sustainable transportation field including the Tennessee Valley Authority, the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation, and the Tennessee Department of Transportation. We relish the challenges inherent across a wide range of work, engaging our expertise and agility to deliver lasting, meaningful deliverables that bring value to Tennesseeans. At DriveElectricTN, we encourage creativity, collaboration and innovation. We want our staff to be fulfilled by their time with us as we know the key to our continuing success is working with and engaging the most talented people we can find.
DriveElectricTN is seeking a highly motivated and organized Assistant Coordinator/DriveElectricTN Intern to join the team. This role will offer strong organizational and proactive administrative and operational support to the DriveElectricTN Associate Director, including inbox management, meeting management and travel booking.
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate sound judgment, professionalism and discretion with the ability to assist our team across all levels of the organization, while multi-tasking against multiple critical priorities. Organized and experienced candidates with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a fast-paced environment are encouraged to apply.
Major Tasks & Responsibilities
Stakeholder, Member & Partner Support
- Assist with communication with stakeholders, members, and partners including scheduling meetings and appointments
- Assist with the creation of written and verbal correspondence for partners: communicate with colleagues and clients on their behalf
- Assist with planning and booking of designated partners’ travel
- Have a strong understanding of state-wide and national time zones and booking meetings across multiple time zones.
- Assist with scheduling and coordination of DriveElectricTN’s Associate Director’s work
- Arrange lunches and catering for partner meetings
- Manage email inboxes
- Outreach to dealerships across the state about Certified EV Dealership Training
Executive Assistance and Administrative Support
- Perform general administrative duties that may include photocopying, data entry, preparing and/or sorting mail, filing and document sorting
- Assist the Associate Director in overall administration, planning, and supervision of DriveElectricTN
- Plan, and book Drive Electric Tennessee Director travel as requested
- Reception and front-of-house coverage when needed
- Ensure meeting rooms and shared spaces properly booked, tidy, and organized prior to meetings
- Cover administrative support for other members of the team during their leave
- Assist with any office-wide events as necessary
- Additional duties as assigned and agreed upon by both parties
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft and Google Business applications
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail and conscientious work ethic
- Comfortable working with people at various levels of the organization
- Ability to prioritize and rapidly learn new procedures and systems in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with general office procedures
- Willingness and ability to travel at least 10% of the time, occasionally overnight and on weekends
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Located in Knoxville, Tennessee or willing to relocate
- A passion for DriveElectricTN’s mission and values
- Demonstrated commitment to racial equity, diversity, and inclusion and understanding of key concepts
- At least one year’s experience as an administrative assistant
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple conflicting priorities and meet deadlines while maintaining work-life balance
Nice But Not Required
- One to three years of experience in relevant field
- One to three years of experience in project-based work, working on a team, and nonprofits (especially if related to transportation, energy, alternative fuels, or a related field)
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- Existing relationships with relevant stakeholders (Foundations, Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy Loan Program, State and Local Government, Municipalities, Tennessee Department of Transportation, electric utilities, transportation agencies, charging companies, car companies, etc.)
- Experience presenting at conferences either as a sole presenter or on a panel
- Knowledge and/or interested in electric vehicles
- Demonstrated experience collaborating with matrixed organizations; ability to use systems thinking and interpret complex stakeholder needs
- Experience working for a non-profit organization with a mission-driven staff, committee, and working groups
- Demonstrated experience in fundraising, web development, membership development and management are all a plus
- Public Speaking
- Strategic Planning
- Event Planning
- Time Management
- Customer Service
- Critical Thinking